Pages

Saturday 9 October 2010

Language, what is it for, killing us?

If a person tells their significant other that they must not tell them that they understand (due to overwhelming evidence that they don't) ; but have to demonstrate their understanding via paraphrase and action.

And if when this conversation has been and still is a relentless recursive interaction the person gets very angry, walks out of the room, shouts, feeds the cat ,(the one that wouldn't shut up until these individuals realised something was wrong and did something about it [the scapegoat, like like the subject of this pondering]) and thinks and then puts it into the language natural to their significant other to the best of their ability ie.:

"You have three choices  A, B, C.

A. you can make the effort to understand me and persuade me that you have understood.

B. you can do everything I say instantly.

C. I can go and make my own life.

Is it reasonable that they then say to this person;

"I understand".

cue hysterical maniacal laughter!

If this is reasonable rhen bring on the babies in grey suits with their electric weapons that can reduce my understanding to theirs.

Insight, I am working with backwards shadows, hopefully I will eventually be working with insights that will help me manifest the best for myself and mine in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment